Thursday 17 November 2016

Concept Art: Working to a Brief







Deecon, the Dundee comic convention, put out a competition to design a mascot for the 2017 con. I thought this would be a good design exercise because it would make me work to a brief someone other than myself has set and this would give me insight into worikng in the traditional concept design pipeline as concept design is visualizing an idea given to you by someone else. I did several iterations of colour palette as the set colour palette was difficult for me to work in the yello/burgundy colours were hard for me to incorporate into the design. Eventually i ended up submitting two versions 1 & 2 to give the competition moderators more choice - especially as they were asking for a concept not a final design, this would allow them to consider different colour schemes when viewing my entry.
Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment